Unfortunately, corona is everywhere. Corona rules have also been drawn up for a visit to Giethoorn, because the pressure on our hospitals must be reduced. Here you will find the most up-to-date corona rules that apply in Giethoorn. These rules can have an effect on your visit to Giethoorn. Make sure you're up-to-date.
1.5 meters away in Giethoorn
- Try to keep a distance of 1.5 meters at all times to other visitors in Giethoorn
- Keeping a distance of 1.5 meters in not necessary if you belong to the same household
- A fine for not meeting the 1.5 meter distance is € 95.00
Is Giethoorn open?
- Giethoorn is still open to everyone 7 days a week
Do you need corona free proof for entering Giethoorn
- For the time being, you do not need proof that you are corona free for access to Giethoorn
- It is allowed to sail in Giethoorn
- Boat rental companies are open
- Don't come without reservation, but book a boat if you want to sail
- Sail alone with people from your own household
- While sailing there are no rules. Regarding the 1.5 meter distance
From 11.00 to 17.00 it is not allowed to cycle on the streets called:
Outside these times you can just cycle in Giethoorn. The delivery traffic always free passage. Recently there are all small stones on the Binnenpad, this makes cycling a lot more difficult.
- Hiking is allowed in Giethoorn
- If it is busy, you can be pointed out to one-way traffic
- Local residents always have free passage
- Terraces of the food and beverage outlets are open from 12.00 to 18.00
- Restaurants in Giethoorn are closed
- Hotels in Giethoorn are open but, only the guests of those hotels are not allowed to use the restaurant of the hotel in question
Anyone aged 13 and over is required to wear a non-medical mask in all publicly accessible buildings and covered areas such as:
- Museum (closed)
- Town hall
- Railway station
- Parking garage
- Petrol station
If you travel in the Netherlands by public transport, you should keep in mind that wearing a non-medical mask is mandatory.